Briefing note 11
Additional information fields for UoA 68 (Education) submissions
1. In view of the scale, variety and interest in submissions in education, the RAE panel for the Education Unit of Assessment has decided to request institutions to provide structured additional information in respect of each research output listed in their submissions. This information will considerably assist the panel in carrying out their specific assessments, and may enable a more holistic analysis of the range and significance of UK educational research to be undertaken at a later point.
2. Brief information is requested for each listed research output within three additional fields (the capacity of each field is 100 characters). The three fields are:
Field of enquiry
3. A simple description of the major substantive, theoretical or methodological focus of the research activity.
4. A simple categorisation, however deemed appropriate, of user audiences for which the research is judged to be particularly relevant, together with a brief statement indicating the anticipated significance of its contribution.
5. A simple classification, if appropriate, to any conceptual framework within which the research may be set, together with a brief indication of the design and/or research methods.
6. The RAE Data Application software facilitates the return of this information. Using the examples above, an illustrative page of such data is provided as a word document (Illustration - [23k]). This is in the form in which it will be presented to the panel.
7. For further information please contact:The RAE team,
Bristol BS16 1QD
Last updated 16 November 2000